Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Hat streak continues

This time I was asked to knit a hat for someone who "never looks good in hats" (which, by the way, is not true). The yarn was picked - chunky, with a bit of mohair, so it would seem more puffy. All I had to do is work on the design. So I came up with something that's far from plain: garter, nupps and cables. Four hours later I had this:


Not bad, I think:)
Oh, and when I say four hours I mean knitting & thinking:) It is a very quick knit - 44 rows of 78/84 stitches. I'm not really used to working with chunky yarn, so this one was a particular fun to knit.

Now I just have to wait to see, if that's the "hat I actually look good in":)




I just have to add, that I finished it late at night and wanted it ready in the morning, so the blocking process was a bit speedy. I'm far for professional there - I use a salad bowl which has a perfect shape and perfect size. But whatever works, right?:)

UPDATE: the hat has just been tried on. Reaction: "It's great, I love it! And I look good in it!" Mission accomplished:)

No comments:

Post a Comment