Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Stuck on a pattern

Boy, when I like a pattern, I can't stop using it. This time it all started with a beautiful Echo Flower Shawl by Jenny Johnson Johnen. I was planning to make it for myself, but halfway through I realized, that the yarn I got wasn't exactly the one I ordered (easy to make a mistake, when you order milk and get white). And I knew I wouldn't be wearing it, as I have absolutely no use for a white shawl. But I finished it anyway and listed it in the shop.

Rety, jak tylko spodoba mi się jakiś wzór, to nie mogę się od niego oderwać. Tym razem zaczęło się od uroczego Echo Flower Shawl autorstwa Jenny Johnson Johnen. Zamierzałam zrobić tę chustę dla siebie, ale tak gdzieś w połowie robótki zauważyłam, że kolor, który mam na drutach to nie ten kolor, który zamówiłam (miał być mleczny, był biały). No i wiedziałam, że sobie w tym nie pochodzę, bo do niczego mi nie pasuje. Ale chustę skończyłam i ostatecznie trafiła do sklepu.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/103841192/white-lace-bridal-shawl-handknit-pure

The same motif is used in another beautiful shawl - Laminaria by Elizabeth Freeman. And since it's something I'd wanted to knit for a long time, I cast on some deep blue yarn and started. And this one is mine! I'm not giving it to anyone:) Oh, and I modified the pattern a bit - I skipped the first part of the shawl (the swatch chart).

Ten sam motyw został wykorzystany w innym fantastycznym wzorze o nazwie Laminaria autorstwa Elizabeth Freeman. A ponieważ jest to wzór, na który od dawna miałam chrapkę, użyłam go do wydziergania cieniutkiej chusty z granatowego merino. I ta chusta jest moja, nikomu jej nie oddam:) A wzór jest nieco zmodyfikowany - odpuściłam sobie początek (the swatch chart).






Shawl number three is another one that uses the same main motif, but I improvised the border. This one is quite impressive - it's big (200x110cm /ca.79x43"), knitted from a blend of merino and silk (75/25), very soft and delicate. A perfect one for a bride, but not only. It's easy to drape and can be worn in many different ways.

Chusta numer trzy jest kolejną z tym samym motywem, ale tym razem border wymyśliłam sama. To bardzo udana chusta - jest duża (200x110cm), zrobiona z mieszanki wełny merino z jedwabiem (75/25), bardzo miękka i delikatna. Świetny dodatek dla panny młodej, ale nie tylko. Układa się doskonale i można ją nosić na wiele sposobów.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/103881554/pink-bridal-lace-shawl-handknit-in


The motif you can see in all these shawls can be found in a book Pitsilised Koekirjad by Leilli Reimann. This book is a collection of many gorgeous Estonian lace stitch patterns.

Motyw wykorzystany w tych trzech chustach można znaleźć w książce Pitsilised Koekirjad Leilli Reimann. Książka zawiera też inne fantastyczne wzory na koronki estońskie.

 That's it for now. Another one will be... well, let me surprise you:)

To tyle na teraz. Kolejny szal to... niech to będzie niespodzianka:)

No comments:

Post a Comment