Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Queen of the Night

Do you know what the worst part of knitting with a black yarn is? That's right - taking pictures. I've finished another shawl, and I am very happy with the result, but my camera just cannot get it right. It makes the shawl gray, blurs the lace pattern, casts weird shadows. Plus, the yarn I've used has a shimmering thread, which makes the task even more difficult...

But you know what, I just can't wait to show you this shawl. So here it is, the Queen of the Night - black, lacy and shimmering.

 


The pattern I used is Hagakiri 1 from Haapsalu Sall. The yarn is a blend of mohair with acrylic, nylon and polyester, which makes it a bit hairy, but at the same time soft and delicate.

And now I'm off to studying photography - maybe next time I'll manage to take better photos:)

No comments:

Post a Comment