Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Straight from the needles and the blocking board

OK, so I don't have a blocking "board", I just use my mattress. Which is about 2 meters long, so blocking things that are longer (and there will be more such things now, as the season for scarves is coming) tends to be rather difficult. But I managed somehow.

And the result is:

100% merino lace shawl in gorgeous cobalt blue color. This is the thinnest and softest yarn I've ever worked with. The shawl is incredibly light, and it can be worn with everything.


The color looks stunning with black jacket.


Well, this is not exactly a black jacket, but you can see how the dark background brings out the blue:)
 I used needles no 3.25 (KnitPro - love them), and two skeins of Merinos fine from ISPE.


The one straight from the needles is a quick and simple cowl:


Last week the weather in Lodz was terrible - cold, wet and unpleasant (and it's just early September!). So I dug into my yarn stash and found a lonely skein of wool/mohair/acrylic blend in a lovely washed-out green color. One skein is not enough for a decent scarf, but it's plenty for a decent neck warmer.



I wanted to make it light and a bit puffy, so I went for this special stitch (the name of which I do not know:) But I remember it's the first "fancy" stitch I learned when I was a kid. I haven't used in a while, but since it looks so great, I'm already using it for another cowl:)

Both the shawl and the cowl are available at my Etsy store here: http://amadeitknits.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment