Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Blue bubbles

This shawl is going to be a gift, so I put a lot of love into it.


It's made with YarnArt Kid Mohair Magic (I used 4 skeins), knit on circular KnitPro needles, size 3.25. The pattern comes from Haapsalu Sall (it's slightly modified - I took away some of the bubbles).
 
I love the yarn and the pattern so much that I have already started to knit an identical shawl, only in white.

There is also another thing I've started - an adventure in felting:) I'm planning to make a felted bag for myself, but first I had to find the right yarn. I bought a couple of skeins of YarnArt's Magic (100% wool, interesting colors in a skein) and made a sample. This was not really a proper felting, just a quick wash in warm water with soap, but it worked! Here's the "before" picture:

And this is what it looked like after:
 I can't wait to finish a proper felted project!

No comments:

Post a Comment